The SDS Forum ER is a your very own local organization for anyone thinking about directing their own support or that of someone they care for, or who is already directing their own social care package.
We are here to provide support and information to assist you in identifying the most suitable options for your needs.
We can advise on
- How to take more control of your care arrangements
- considering your options
- peer support i.e. open forum meetings and drop in sessions, both of which offer peer support and sharing of experiences with others about SDS.
- Organising and promoting training workshops and events on Self-Directed Support
- Holding informal drop in sessions
- Connecting you with other forum members
- putting you in touch with relevant organisations and information sources
- Raising awareness of self-directed support
- Developing peer support groups with the help of volunteers
Who we help
- People of all ages with learning disability
- People of all ages affected by mental health issues
- Parents of children affected by disability or illness
- Older people who are affected by disability or illness and require social care support
- Any other person who finds themselves in need of social care support