How to access Self-directed Support through your Council

If you feel that you have need for a level of care or support in daily living, which is not currently available to you, then you may wish to contact your Council to discuss this with a social worker. Councils have a duty to support people in need and they must be sure that any resources they allocate to people are sufficient to meet those needs.

Step 1 –First Contact

Step 2 – Initial/Screening Assessment

Step 3 – Assessment

Step 4 – Agreement/ Support planning

Step 5 – Review

Remember that you are not alone. If any aspect of managing your payment concerns you – please contact your local support organisation.